Estate Planning and Trust Law in Southeastern Ohio
Death or incapacity can create an immediate need for probate, guardianship, and estate planning representation. However, even if you do not think estate planning will be an issue for you anytime soon, you and your family could benefit from creating an estate plan now.
A detailed and thorough estate plan can protect your assets, provide peace for you and your family, and provide for family members, including family members who are unable to care for themselves, should something happen to you.
At the Marietta, Ohio, law firm of Fields, Dehmlow & Vessels, we can help you prepare an estate plan that addresses the broad range of estate planning-related legal needs, including:
- The drafting of wills and the creation of trusts
- The creation of power-of-attorney documents
- The creation of special needs trusts
- The creation of health care power-of-attorney documents, physicians directives, and living wills
- Elder law
- Medicaid planning
- Planning for wealth transfer
- The resolution of will disputes or contests and beneficiary disputes
Estate Planning Can Help You Avoid Legal Problems
Estate planning tools can solve problems and reduce stress through enforceable wills, trusts, power-of-attorney documents, and other legal solutions. For instance, we can create documents intended to:
- Protect and preserve assets for children and grandchildren
- Help prevent family disputes
- Help provide financial support for surviving family members
- Minimize estate, gift, and income taxes
- Address the special needs of family members
- Set aside funds for family members’ educations
- Ensure that family-owned businesses remain within the family
- Help provide funding to charities
- Make arrangements for medical emergencies and long-term care
If you have questions regarding estate planning, contact Fields, Dehmlow & Vessels. We accept credit cards, are available for evening and weekend appointments, and are conveniently located in downtown Marietta directly across from the courthouse. To contact a lawyer, call 740-374-5346.