How do I know if I have a medical malpractice case?
At Fields, Dehmlow & Vessels, we represent individuals who have suffered injury or died because of the negligence of a hospital, nursing home, doctor, dentist, nurse, or other medical provider. As medical malpractice attorneys in Ohio and West Virginia, we understand the importance of legal representation and invite you to contact us to discuss your situation.
Not every bad medical result is the result of malpractice. Medical negligence or “malpractice” means that the medical professional or the staff at a medical facility acted (or failed to act) in such a manner that their actions fell below “the standard of care.” Put differently, did the medical professional’s actions deviate from the acceptable practices within the medical, dental, or nursing community?
We are experienced in analyzing medical negligence cases. Our job is to simplify the issues, identify the areas of liability and, if there is negligence, pursue fair compensation for the resulting injuries.
Examples of potential medical, dental, or nursing negligence:
- Falls in hospitals or nursing homes arising from the failure to adhere to fall-prevention policies
- Failure to diagnose conditions such as cancer, despite testing and evidence confirming the condition
- Birth injuries caused by an obstetrician’s mistakes
- Pharmaceutical errors when prescribing medicine
- Surgical errors such as operating on the wrong limb or leaving surgical instruments behind after surgery
- Bacterial infections contracted at medical facilities
- Neglect or abuse of patients in nursing facilities leading to bed sores, pressure sores, pulmonary malfunction, or death
Ohio & West Virginia Medical Malpractice Attorneys
When we accept medical negligence cases, we typically work on a contingent fee. There is no fee if there is no recovery. If you suspect someone you know has suffered because of a medical error, please call us at 740-374-5346 or fill out our contact form.